The Berthiaume Institute for Precision Health (BIPH) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2022 Summer Graduate Research Fellowships.
The Berthiaume Institute supports several programs and research experiences for student researchers during a key part of their education, both on campus and with clinical collaborators.
The 2022 Berthiaume Institute for Precision Health Summer Fellowship recipients are as follows:
- Laura Alderfer, Bioengineering; advisor: Donny Hanjaya-Putra, Assistant Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
- Kirk Atkinson, Chemistry & Biochemistry; advisor: Brad Smith, Emil T. Hofman Professor of Science
- Nathan Dominique, Chemistry & Biochemistry; advisor: Jon Camden, Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Harrison Hill, Chemistry & Biochemistry; advisor: Brandon Ashfeld, Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Tiffany Huwe, Biological Sciences; advisor: Cristian Koepfli, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
- Chinedu Madukoma, CEEES; advisor: Josh Shrout, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences
- Sihan Yu, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; advisor: Matt Webber, Keating-Crawford Collegiate Professor of Engineering
- Yuting Zhang, Integrated Biomedical Sciences; advisor: Xin Lu, John M. and Mary Jo Boler Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
The Leiva Graduate Fellowship in Precision Medicine
The Leiva Graduate Fellowship in Precision Medicine awards summer funding to one outstanding Notre Dame student showing promise in the area of precision medicine research, acknowledging academic achievement, character, and qualities of leadership.
- Alicia Wei, Bioengineering; advisor: Tom O’Sullivan, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
The O’Brien Family Endowment for Excellence Fellowship
The O’Brien Family Endowment for Excellence Fellowship awards summer funding to one Notre Dame graduate student researching the development of biomedical tools and techniques, with a preference for research that addresses Parkinson’s disease or other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Francisco Huizar, Bioengineering; advisor: Jeremiah Zartman, Associate Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Congratulations to all of this year’s recipients.
For more information on the fellowships and other BIPH research opportunities, please visit precisionhealth.nd.edu/opportunities/.