BIPH Summer Graduate Fellowships
The Berthiaume Institute is happy to announce that it is accepting applications for its summer graduate research fellowships. We will award up to ten (10) fellowships of $10,000 each, to cover the period of May 15, 2023 through August 15, 2023. The funding for these fellowships is provided by the Leiva Graduate Fellowship in Precision Medicine, the O’Brien Family Endowment for Excellence Fellowship, and the Berthiaume family. We are grateful for the generous support of these benefactors.
These fellowships are administered by the Berthiaume Institute for Precision Health on behalf of Notre Dame Research.
The online application for a fellowship asks for a brief statement of your proposed summer research, a personal statement, a recommendation letter from your advisor, and a CV.
Eligible students must be enrolled in the university in both the Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 semesters.
Each application will automatically be considered for any of the available fellowships, so students should only complete one application. Note, however, that the O’Brien Fellowship has a preference toward finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease. It is not limited to that disease area, but any application received that addresses PD will merit extra consideration for that specific fellowship.
The BIPH Summer Graduate Fellowship Application is now closed. Please check back in February 2024.
Please direct questions to Corrine Hornbeck at email@example.com or (574) 631-7385.
Previous Summer Fellows
- 2023: Gustavo Da Silva (Biological Sciences)
- 2023: Eva Hall (Bioengineering)
- 2023: Hyunsu Jeon (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)
- 2023: Alyssa La Bella (Biological Sciences)
- 2023: Guoqiang Liu (Biological Sciences)
- 2023: Heather Shepherd (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2022: Laura Alderfer (Bioengineering)
- 2022: Kirk Atkinson (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2022: Nathan Dominque (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2022: Harrison Hill (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2022: Tiffany Huwe (Biological Sciences)
- 2022: Chinedu Madukoma (Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences)
- 2022: Sihan Yu (Chemical and Biochemical Engineering)
- 2022: Yuting Zhang (Biological Sciences)
Previous Leiva Fellows
- 2023: Yuting Zhang (Biological Sciences)
- 2022: Alicia Wei (Electrical Engineering - Bioengineering)
- 2021: Loan Duong (Biological Sciences)
- 2020: Tracy Lynne Lockwood (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2019: Joshua Berwanger (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2018: Kimberly Curtis (Bioengineering)
- 2017: Maria Cristina Miranda Vergara (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2016: Anna McDermott (Bioengineering)
Previous O'Brien Fellows
- 2023: Sono Kumar (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)
- 2022: Francisco Huizar (Bioengineering)
- 2021: Iker Soto Santarriaga (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2020: Arambage Dushani (Chemistry - Biochemistry)
- 2019: Joseph Chambers (Biological Sciences)
- 2019: Caitlin Donahue (Chemistry - Biochemistry)